It was the beautiful display of all the colorful cookies and cupcakes that drew my attention. I read every single label and could not find one that would be safe for Amanda to eat. She doesn't eat anything that says may contain peanuts or processed on a plant that processes peanuts. It's just too risky.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Got a call from the school nurse today because Amanda was in her office. Apparently, another student, who had just finished her peanut butter sandwich had touched Amanda. It affected both of Amanda's arms which was taken care of by taking Benedryl.
Amanda is anaphylaxis when she ingests peanuts. If someone touches her with their hands which have been contaminated by peanut butter, she will get the hives and itching, but will not go into anaphylaxis.
Can someone really have anaphylaxis from touching a trace of peanut butter? I know about anaphylaxis from ingesting peanuts, but potentially dying from touching it? I'd love to hear from someone who has this bad of a peanut allergy. Is is possible? I can't imagine.